– Favorite subject in school? Cydney enjoys all subjects in school, but math, computer science, and world history are her favorites. Cydney likes that she can be creative and find many different ways to get an answer to one problem in math. She finds computer science to be fun because she enjoys coding and robotics. Cyney enjoys history because she likes to learn about the past.
– Something you like about Carver? Cydney likes all her teachers and how kind they are. She loves how Mr. B. takes extra time and works with her during office hours, and enjoys Ms. Jones’ high energy and positivity. She has become friends with students, even in a virtual space. She enjoys the organized activities, like cheerleading, the dance team, and debate.
– Are you involved in any clubs/sports/other extracurriculars at Carver? Cydney attended the volleyball meets, and she signed up to try out for Carver’s cheerleading team. She is considering joining the debate team and spirit squad.
– Describe your summer experience. What skills did you learn and/or develop? Cydney participated in the Philadelphia Watershed Stewardship Program. It was virtual this year and she earned a stipend. Her program leader would go out with his go-pro to local lakes, rivers, and beaches and would provide lessons on rocks, aquatic, pollution, red-lining, etc. Cydney became more mindful about the waste that humans produce and is trying to be more intentional about the products she uses, especially to minimize plastic.
– Why do you think it’s important to study STEM? STEM helps stimulate the brain because it’s interesting, and there are many jobs available within STEM fields. We use STEM in our everyday lives, especially with regard to our use of technology.
– What are some things you enjoy doing in your free time? Cydney enjoys cheerleading, being outdoors, and doing her hair.
– One additional fun fact: Cydney’s favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate.
– Anything else you want to share with us? Cydney is interested in pursuing a career in the medical field, such as orthodontistry, pediatrics, or anesthesiology. She is really excited to be a part of the Carver community!